Everyone will say YES that using a CB radio without a microphone is defective. The whole essence of CB radio is lost if you do not have the best CB mic.
If you want to enjoy high-quality CB, you need a high-quality microphone. A good microphone will give a cool connection between different devices.
You will be surprised, but simply “loud microphone” is not the best. Namely, such microphones are supplied with radio microphones cannot work properly, and you cannot enjoy the sound as it should be.
Best CB Mic Buying Guide
There are some important factors need to consider when you want to buy a CB mic to work with.
First, you need to clearly understand the purpose of the purchase. Why do you want to buy CB radio microphone?
Maybe you want to get a better signal transmission or you often go on long trips and want to anticipate situations when you may need the help of civilization – in general, you should be aware of the purpose of the purchase.
Most microphones are compatible with different brands of CB radio. Therefore, you do not need to worry about whether the microphone is suitable for your radio or not.
But before buying, always check with which radio a microphone can be combined. It will help you avoid embarrassment and waste of money.
All microphones for the CB radio are the same. Installation of microphones to the radio is also the same. For this, there is a connector that must be installed in the corresponding connector on the radio. Where to put the microphone when you do not use it?
You can buy an additional loop and install the microphone there so that it is in a vertical state and does not disturb you (few brands supply microphones with similar settings).
It is important to choose a high-quality cb microphone that will produce good sound. There are still microphones that produce an echo effect. As a rule, the best cb echo mic is quite powerful and also have an adjustable echo speed.
Choose microphones with volume control because you will definitely need this.
The appearance of all microphones for CB radio is about the same. A microphone, a handset, and a jack are all that 99% of all microphones have. The design is very important for using. The microphone should be ergonomic and light, it will be convenient for you to hold it in your hand and easily manage it. And if management is easy, it automatically becomes safe, which is very important for the road.
Portability, like ergonomics, is the key to security in the case of a microphone for a CB radio that will be used in a car. Most CB mics are small and fit easily in your hand without taking up much space. But if this is not enough for you, you can find wireless microphone models that have a base unit connected to the radio without wires. Wireless CB mic could be very useful.
There are also hands-free models that work via Bluetooth and are available for a mobile phone, so you can control the microphone without even touching it. Although there may be problems at the very moment when there will be no connection.
This function must be in your microphone if you want the purchase to be successful. The noise canceling function helps filter out background noise during signal transmission. Therefore, if you have best noise cancelling cb microphone, no extraneous noise will not interfere with your communication.
Cable & Connector
Almost all microphones have cable (with the exception of wireless models). Cable length usually varies between 7 and 9 feet. You can choose the length that suits you. For example, I choose models with a longer cable (spiral shape) because I can use it even at some distance from the radio. If the cable length is 9 feet, you can get out of the car to explore the area and communicate through a microphone.
At the end of the cable must be a 4-pin connector. It is necessary to connect the microphone to the radio.
Surprisingly, a battery is needed to power the microphone, especially if your microphone is pre-amplified. How to identify such a microphone? This model can be identified by the presence of the battery compartment and the volume control.
If the battery is over, you can open the compartment (and sometimes part of the case) and put new ones there. But this does not apply to all models. The lion’s share of microphones takes energy from the radio.
The most common color of microphones is black. In a rare case, you can find red or other bright models. But color is not as important to a microphone as other factors, so brands do not focus on body color.
Uniden makes top quality and best cb radio mic in a completely classic design. As a rule, microphones of this brand are 4-pin and compatible with CB radio. Astatic brand also makes 4 pin microphones. But these microphones are already equipped with a noise-canceling function, which makes the signal quality excellent.
Cobra microphones are distinguished by high quality, rugged housings (metal mesh) and can be compatible with CB radios.
The price of microphones can be completely different – from small to infinity. The difference in prices is always due to the “stuffing” of the microphone. If the microphone is standard and has only a cord and two speakers, such a microphone will not be expensive.
Another thing is a microphone that has many functions and buttons that make it easy to use, and if this microphone has a solid body and a metal grid, then it will have a higher price.
But in this case, you see what you are paying money for. In this matter, the main thing is not to save on quality.
Top CB Mic Comparison
We have shortlisted 3 CB mic for you. You can purchase one of them. Hurry!
Does the microphone you bought with the radio work terribly? Do you hate the noise and poor microphone performance? Here we reviewed 10 to rated Cb mic for you.
1. Astatic 302-636LB1 Black Noise Cancelling 4 Pin CB Microphone
The first best alternative to any microphone (not just a bad one) is the Astatic 302-636LBL1, which is a product of a brand known all over the world.
This microphone is adored by hundreds of thousands of people because of the robust design of the case, which is made for centuries. And the loudspeaker mesh is a steel grid with a polyurethane coating. Hardly anyone will be able to find something stronger than this best CB microphone.
302-636LBL1 microphone refers to the type of dynamic and has a low impedance. What does it mean? It means that the 302-636LBL1 microphone perfectly preserves sound purity.
The microphone copes with high-quality sound and communication. It is also compatible with most CB radios.
You should pay attention to this microphone because it has the function of noise canceling. Coupled with a robust housing, this microphone can work at 100% even on the noisiest freeway.
- Microphone speaker 302-636LBL1 hidden behind a steel grid with a polyurethane coating.
- The microphone has a low impedance.
- Astatic 302-636LBL1 has a dynamic cartridge.
- The microphone is equipped with a noise canceling function for transmitting clear sound and signal.
- The design of this microphone is equipped with a coiled cord.
- This model works without batteries – the power source is a radio.
- The microphone has a 4-pin connector.
2. Ranger SRA-198 Ranger Cb Ham Radio Noise Canceling Mic 4 Pin Wired
Another noteworthy microphone is the Ranger SRA-198. Such a microphone will definitely give you the pleasure of using a radio.
Ranger’s microphone is 4-pin and fits most CB radio from RCI, Cobra, and Uniden to Galaxy, Stryker and so on. It works well with any radio if the plug fits.
The SRA-198 has a completely classic design and a miniature size and therefore it is very comfortable in the hand. The body of the microphone is quite durable and it feels heavy as the microphone is a bit heavy.
We could not call the SRA-198 microphone the best if it didn’t have a noise canceling function. And there is such a function here, so you can safely go on the road. The noise canceling function works fine and makes the signal as clean as possible without too much noise.
The design of this microphone also has a very interesting detail – a spring at the connection of the microphone and cord. The spring is very useful in the operation of the microphone.
- The microphone has a “hanger” for hanging in the car.
- Ranger SRA-198 is 4 pin.
- The microphone fits most CB radio.
- SRA-198 microphone is equipped with True Trucker noise canceling function.
- The cord is quite long.
3. Uniden BC906W Wireless CB Microphone and Speaker in a Single Unit
Uniden BC906W microphone is unique in its kind. The fact is that this microphone is wireless.
This feature adds the mobility advantage to this microphone. You can be at a distance of up to 100 meters from the CB radio and the BC906W microphone will transmit a clear signal.
This microphone is stuffed with various functions more than many microphones. In addition to the absence of wire, this microphone has the function of active noise canceling.
By the way, this feature also works at a distance of up to 100 meters. The BC906W has a secure sync feature.
This microphone also has a rich design that many users like. After all, the microphone has a push-to-talk control button and a volume control button, as well as a power off button.
And all this is placed in a small microphone that is charged by a battery. Enough to charge the microphone and synchronize it with the radio – it is simple!
- Wireless signal transmission up to 100 meters.
- The microphone is equipped with active noise canceling function.
- A 12-volt charger with USB connector is also included.
- BC906W is compatible with Bearcat 680/880/980 SSB.
- This 4-pin microphone has an energy saving feature.
- Uniden Bearcat BC906W has a belt clamp function to prevent movement, a find button, and control buttons.
4. Premium Dynamic 4-pin Replacement CB Microphone
Premium Dynamic microphone is similar to other enhanced microphones. This microphone is universal and suitable for any CB radio. It is a very good feature that allows anyone who is looking for a high-quality microphone at the right price to choose Premium Dynamic.
The design of this microphone has a 9-foot cord. Generally, 9 feet is enough to use the microphone anywhere in the car. Plus, there is a PTT button on the case.
But the really cool feature is a super strong case that is resistant to falls. The body is made of ABS. All lovers of high-quality things should pay attention to the speaker of this microphone which is made of metal mesh.
This microphone has an uneasy speaker because the speaker has a diaphragm voice coil. It means that Premium Dynamic filters the background noise so well that you get a crystal clear signal.
- Premium Dynamic microphone has a 9-foot cord.
- The design is equipped with a PTT button on the left.
- This microphone connects to any CB radio with a 4-pin connector.
- The body of the microphone is made of ABS.
- Premium Dynamic has the function of filtering the signal and sound.
- The speaker has a metal grid.
5. Astatic (302-10036 RD104E Road Devil Amplified 4-Pin CB Microphone
And there is another microphone from the brand Astatic. 302-10036RD104E is ideal for the road. First of all, this microphone has a noise canceling function.
You can say that 9 out of 10 microphones have the same function. But few microphones have a built-in amplifier which increases the gain and makes the microphone even more powerful.
Your signal will be clear and legible even in a very noisy environment, you can be sure of that.
This Astatic microphone is designed for use with portable applications. You can connect a microphone to any CB and SSB. My experience with the use of this microphone has shown that it works great and when you buy, you should expect quality work from this.
In the case of this device, be careful not to abuse the power, otherwise, you can overload the signal and get it with distortion.
- The Astatic 302-10036RD104E has a noise canceling function.
- The microphone has a high gain amplifier.
- 302-10036RD104E is equipped with an electronic equalizer.
- This CB microphone can be used with portable applications, CB and SSB.
- The microphone from Astatic is 4 pin.
6. MIC / Microphone for 4 pin Cobra / Uniden CB Radio – Workman DM507-4
The teamwork of two powerful brands with a big name cannot be bad, so the Workman DM507-4 is the best of its kind. Probably, this microphone has incorporated all the best from two popular brands such as Cobra and Uniden.
Workman DM507-4 is great for CB radio because it has a 4 pin plug. But the manufacturer recommends using a microphone in conjunction with the radio from Cobra, Uniden, Galaxy, Connex and so on.
Regardless of the size of your car, you can use this microphone because it has a long cord of 8 feet. I like the Workman DM507-4 microphone so that it has an element for easy installation – a standard button on the back.
- Workman DM507-4 microphone is suitable for use with CB radio.
- The microphone has a 4 pin connector.
- The cord of the microphone is 8 feet long.
- The microphone is ideal for use with radio from brands such as Cobra, Uniden, Galaxy, and Connex.
- Workman has a loop on the back panel for installation.
7. RoadKing RK56B Black 4-Pin Dynamic Noise Canceling CB Microphone
RoadKing does high-quality things and therefore RoadKing RK56B does what it should. If you need a microphone in a classic version, this is what you need. There is nothing superfluous, only what you need.
A black, stylish noise-canceling microphone gives you a clear signal and power transmissions. You can use this microphone and do not worry about signal quality.
The design of the microphone is quite comfortable. It has a flexible cord of 6 feet and a two-position instantaneous slide switch. It is very convenient to use this microphone. I like the versatility and portability of this microphone, which is suitable for most radio amateurs.
- RoadKing RK56B is a 4 pin microphone.
- This is suitable for CB radio.
- The microphone is equipped with a noise reduction function and a dynamic cartridge.
- A flexible cord with a length of 6 feet is included with the microphone in the kit.
- The design of the microphone is equipped with a slide switch.
8. Astatic (302-10005) D104M6B Amplified Ceramic Power 4-Pin CB Microphone
If you need a good quality microphone, Astatic D104M6B would be a great solution for a purchase.
The reason is simple – this microphone gives good sound quality. I think that such high-quality work of the microphone is due to the fact that it has a very durable molded case.
The main feature of Astatic D104M6B is that it is a portable version of the desktop microphone D-104. I think it says a lot about the quality of this microphone.
This microphone is capable of much as it provides better sound even if you use it at medium or even low volume. If your CB radio has a 4 pin jack, then a microphone like the Astatic D104M6B can be useful to you.
- This is a ceramic power microphone.
- The case of the Astatic D104M6B is molded and rigid and made from ABS.
- The microphone grille has a chromed screen.
- Astatic microphone is suitable for CB, SSB, and Amateur.
- It has a 4 pin plug.
9. Uniden BC804NC 4-Pin Noise-Canceling Microphone Replacement for CB Radios
Uniden BC804NC is the 9th CB microphone in our list. It will be cool if you find something similar because this microphone has everything you need.
First of all, this microphone has a noise cancellation function. Therefore, you will receive a cleaner signal.
Uniden’s BC804NC fits comfortably in your hand thanks to its ergonomic design without any extra details. The size of the microphone is sufficient for you to hold it in your hand and not feel discomfort.
Due to the common type of pin connection, this microphone is compatible in all CB radios. Moreover, Uniden BC804NC will take the entire audio output for your radio.
And as a bonus, Uniden gives you the ability to control the volume of the BC804NC.
- BC804NC has a noise canceling function and makes the signal clear.
- The microphone has an ergonomic design and is easy to use.
- It can be used with all CB radios.
- The coiled cord is very flexible and has a length of 9 feet.
- The microphone has a 4-pin connection and can only work with a radio with the same connection.
10. Cobra 29LXMIC Replacement Microphone For 4-pin CB Radios
Another radio microphone from Cobra is special due to it has a 4-pin dynamic microphone, a highly sensitive cartridge. As well as the rest of the products of this brand, best CB mic for Cobra 29 has an ergonomic design and comfortable contours to hold it in hand.
The body is especially important because it fulfills the role of shielding and makes the sound more clear. Cobra 29LXMIC microphone is also comfortable to use because of the 9-foot long cord.
This length allows you to transmit a signal from anywhere in the car or even go outside the machine. The cord is special not only for its length but also for the Mil-Spec function which removes tension from the cord.
A 4 pin jack allows you to use this mic with any CB radio with the same jack. The microphone shows good performance in any car and with any radio.
- 4 pin microphone with high sensitivity dynamic cartridge.
- The microphone has an ergonomic design.
- The cord has a length of 9 feet and is equipped with a Mil-Spec with stress relief.
- There is chromed microphone connector.
- The speaker is made of black metal mesh.
Overview of CB Microphone
Buy the best mic for CB radio and use it for a long time – the big science. I have met more than once people who were uncomfortable with why I use an additional microphone and do not use the one that was bundled with the CB radio.
It is simple – the microphone with the radio does not have all the necessary functions. For more follow our CB power mic review above.
Why Need A Good CB Microphone?
Good CB Microphone is not a whim but a real necessity.
The fact of the matter is that the world is full of background noises that give off the received signal. The situation gets worse if you are on the road.
Yes, for this there are amplifiers and speakers. But the microphone makes the communication more complete on the radio. Using CB radio without good communication is impossible because your speech will not be transmitted to the other end.
If you want to keep in touch, you can save well by buying CB microphone and never return to this problem again.
There are other reasons why you need a good microphone. Each of us has a phone that saves us in a difficult moment. But the phone can be left without a signal and this is a very frequent phenomenon on the road.
Having a good microphone can solve communication problems encountered on the road. And you will not need a phone – you can connect via CB radio easily.
And yes, CB radio sets have ordinary microphones. It is like ready-made food in a supermarket — it is there, but it is not cooked from the freshest ingredients. Therefore, if you do not want to get disappointed, it is better to spend money on a quality product.
How to Install CB Replacement Mic
There is nothing easier than installing a CB microphone.
- As I have already said, each microphone has a cable (sometimes spiral). At the end of this cable must be a connector. Another connector of the same size should be on your radio (this is a special microphone connector).
- You need to connect this microphone in the same way as you connect the microphone that comes with the microphone. Just plug one connector (from the microphone) into the other (on the radio).
- Push the CB button on the microphone and check that it is fully turned on.
Safety and Maintenance
In case you want to avoid problems with the microphone, I will advise you to follow these tips:
- Check all connections
- It is a good idea to hold the microphone closer to your mouth (especially if it is a noise-canceling microphone) during a call.
- If your microphone takes energy from the battery, make sure that the battery is fully charged in the microphone. And it is better to have an extra pair of batteries in the car to avoid unpleasant problems.
- If you see problems with the microphone, check the cord and plugs for defects, maybe some of this is broken.
- When connecting, be sure to press the microphone button all the way.
FAQ’s on the CB Mics
What Type Of Microphone Should I Choose?
You have two choices: a noise-canceling CB microphone or a CB power mic (because these are the two main types of microphones).
When choosing a microphone by type, you need to proceed from the characteristics of your voice. For example, if you have a low voice, I would advise you to take the best CB power mic.
Or if you are often in places of heavy traffic, where there is a lot of noise, the noise cancelling CB mic is more suitable for you.
Where Can I Find A Microphone Stand?
You can find the microphone stand separately based on the size of the microphone you bought. Microphones that include a stand in the kit is very small, so you do not need to count on it when choosing a microphone.
Finding the best CB mic is not at all difficult. The main thing to find a compatible microphone of good quality that is suitable for your features (such as voice, for example).
I hope that our review will help you make the right choice. So you can enjoy the high-quality performance of the radio, you will transmit a clear signal without noise, and a new microphone will be useful for you.