Do you want to set up the radio in your car to make it works perfectly? Are you tired of getting a bad signal all the time?
Is it enough to open the window to get the radio works with interference?
Perhaps the reason for the poor work of your radio is that you do not have the best stubby antenna.
Many people believe that the antenna is insignificant, but it is not. A good antenna not only improves the signal but also increases the pleasure of traveling in a car.
Why stubby? The stubby antenna will not break due to the wind and other problems. It will work for a long time, and your car will look cool outside.
The case is left for small – you need to choose the best one. And this the stubby antenna review will help you do it.
Best Stubby Antenna Reviews
1. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna Replacement for the Ford F-150
The first copy of the best stubby antenna f150 is the CravenSpeed stubby antenna. And if you are looking for a durable antenna that will give a good signal for many years, this is exactly what you need.
This antenna will be durable because it is made of the material – aluminum. First, it looks stylish. Secondly, the antenna of such material will survive not only a car wash (10 times) but even strong wind and torrential rain.
No jokes, CravenSpeed stubby antenna will serve you faithfully for many years. Tempting, isn’t it?
In addition to a decade of excellent work, this antenna is capable of high stability. Corrosion, fading, and breakage is not dangerous for this antenna. Even simple delamination of color will not be because the antenna has a powder coating with a black textured finish.
The style and simple installation of this antenna also cannot but rejoice. The appearance of the antenna is wonderful and suitable for a large number of models. As for the installation, it is so easy that you can do it on an intuitive level.
- The antenna is made in America, Portland, Oregon, which indicates the high quality of the antenna.
- This is suitable for any Ford F-150 in the period from 2009 to 2019.
- It can be set for the factory base.
- The antenna is easy to install without additional tools, just enough hands.
- This stubby body is metallic from A to Z, and aluminum is based on powder coating with a black textured finish.
- The corrosion-proof body is protected against corrosion.
2. The Original 6 3/4 INCH Short Rubber Antenna for Ford F-150
The second best on our list is The Original short rubber antenna. There are many good antennas, but few of them are as good as this antenna.
The advantage of this antenna over the others is as follows: a) this antenna looks cool, b) retains all the functions of the radio, and c) also works as a factory antenna.This short antenna really gives a good performance.
Perhaps this is due to the fact that The Original short antenna was developed in Germany, and perhaps the reason is that the antenna has American stainless steel threads.
In general, the design of the antenna is worth a separate review, because it is admirable. Imagine a sturdy corrosion-proof steel case, a mast made of durable hard rubber.
All this is flexible and does not allow the antenna to bend at speed or in the wind. It is hard to believe, but this is all possible in a short antenna 6 inches in length.
- The antenna thread is made of 304 stainless steel.
- The mast is made of durable flexible rubber that withstands temperatures of 257 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A car wash, a highway, the wind will not destroy this sturdy aerial made on Swiss lathes.
- The antenna requires a simple installation without additional tools.
- The Original antenna is able to work in all weather conditions.
- The antenna is based on a highly conductive copper coil.
3. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna Replacement for Dodge RAM Trucks
If in the list of the top stubby antenna the antenna from CravenSpeed brand comes across a second time, this coincidence should be heeded.
This antenna is designed specifically for the Ram truck. Therefore, you do not need to fear that this antenna could be torn off at a car wash or hit the ceiling in a garage or anywhere else.
The CravenSpeed stubby antenna for Dodge RAM Trucks is very easy to install and does not create any problems in operation for the next many years.
This stubby antenna is of high quality and made in America and maybe that is why it is so good.
The brand made an antenna out of durable aluminum beam 6061. It means that the antenna is protected from corrosion. In addition, it is powder coated with a black textured finish. Because of this, the paint never stratifies, does not fade and does not crack.
- CravenSpeed stubby antenna is made specifically for any Dodge RAM truck (2009-2019 model years).
- This antenna is designed so it is suitable for a factory base (such as RAM 1500, RAM 2500 or RAM 3500).
- Installing this antenna does not require the use of additional tools; this is done manually.
- Thebest stubby antenna ram 1500 is made in the USA.
- The body is made of aluminum coated with powder and black textured finish.
- The antenna is protected from corrosion and fading.
4. AntennaMastsRus – The Original 6 3/4 INCH is Compatible with Dodge Ram Truck
The next best short antenna is The Original AntennaMastsRus. This brand proves the high performance of its products. The Original designs antennas in Germany and manufactures in the USA. And at the heart of the antenna are only high-quality materials.
For example, this is made of materials with high internal conductivity, which allows you to adjust the optimal design.
It makes the antenna in question special, because of this, AntennaMastsRus works much like a factory antenna. It is so similar that you will not notice the difference.
The antenna’s body is made of 304 stainless steel threads. The thread rests on the mast, which is made of durable hard rubber, which has enough flexibility to survive the car wash, and the speed, and strong wind. And the coupe antenna is 6 inches long, that is, it is quite compact.
This antenna is specifically designed for Ram Truck. The car and this antenna are made for each other and work great together.
- The antenna has a rugged 304 stainless steel case.
- It is made in the USA, Wisconsin.
- AntennaMastsRus has an internal high-capacity copper coil.
- This antenna requires a simple installation.
- At the base of the antenna is a durable flexible rubber that can withstand temperatures of 257 degrees Fahrenheit and helps the antenna to flex freely.
- The antenna is made on Swiss machines.
5. CORKSPORT Mazda Billet Aluminum 2.75″ Stub Antenna
If the factory rubber antenna has fallen into disrepair or it has not been corrected for a long antenna, CorkSport would be an excellent alternative for a long, floppy standard antenna.
Unlike the previous antenna, this one was developed not for trucks, but for ordinary cars such as Mazda 2007+ and Mazda 2, 2007+ CX-7, 2011+ Mazda 2, Mazda 5 2006, Mazda 6 2003-2008 and some Mazdaspeed models 2006-2007 years of manufacture.
I like this antenna because of its small size. If you had a long standard antenna, then that tiny 2.75-inch antenna won’t be noticed. It was done specifically to ensure that the radio worked perfectly, and you did not receive problems due to the long antenna length.
The brand thought over not only the length but also used only quality material. For example, the body of the CorkSport antenna is made of aluminum. It means that the antenna will work for a long time and calmly endure any weather.
- The base of the antenna is an aluminum billet for durability.
- Anodized black finish engraved with the CS logo on the body of the antenna.
- The antenna length is 2.75 inches and corresponds to the original Mazda antenna.
- The antenna requires very simple installation.
- OEM Mazda Base needs a screw to apply.
6. AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch) Antenna for Chevy 1500 Silverado GM
When you have to carry 31 inches above the level of your car every day is not fun, especially if you like speed and often wash your car in a car wash.
But this is exactly the length – 31 inches – at a standard antenna. It can be replaced by something more convenient to use. AntennaX Off-Road is a great alternative.
The length of this antenna is only 13 inches, and its body is made of durable rubber, which has high flexibility.
With such an antenna on the car, you will not only get a good radio job but also forget about how your car is scratching the garage door.
For the Chevy 1500 Silverado, you don’t even need an adapter because the AntennaX Off-Road was created specifically for it.
This antenna deserves your attention because of the super easy installation. The fact is that this antenna for is a Plug-n-play antenna. So you only need to screw it to an existing mount. It is a matter of one minute.
- The antenna fits the Chevy 1500 Silverado from 1985 to 2019.
- This antenna is made of flexible rubber with a low profile.
- Easy plug-n-play installation.
- AntennaX Off-Road does not affect On-Star, Bluetooth, GPS navigation or the Sirius XM radio.
- The length of the antenna is only 13 inches.
- It is suitable as an alternative to a standard AM / FM radio antenna.
7. Savadicar 13-inch Stubby Reflex Antenna
Savadicar’s antenna has everything you need for a “self-respecting” antenna: designed for optimized FM/ AM reception, it looks stylish, it is easy to install using the plug-n-play system, and that is not all.
This short antenna has a length of 13 inches which is quite enough to decorate any model of the Jeep Wrangler JK and JL Sahara Rubicon Unlimited 2D / 4D model from 2007 to 2018. What else good?
I like it because the antenna is short enough so that tree branches, narrow passages, and other obstacles do not knock it down. The antenna is created so that nothing can damage it (non-special), even the brushes on the car wash.
Antenna from Savadicar is made from high-quality materials, such as cast aluminum under pressure. The body is additionally textured with black powder coating.
Be sure that this antenna will last you a long time because it is protected from corrosion.
- Included with the antenna are the antenna mast and antenna assembly adapter.
- The antenna fits all Jeep Wrangler JK & JL models.
- Savadicar made an antenna of satin black rubber, aluminum with black powder coating.
- It is easy to install without drilling and welding.
- The antenna is designed for FM / AM bands.
- Antenna length is 13 inches.
8. RONIN FACTORY Ford F150 F250 F350 Super Duty
Do you need something that at the same time decorates your Ford or Ram and replaces the terrible long stick that everyone calls the “standard antenna”?
If you are one of those who do not want the car to look like a children’s remote control car, you need a Ronin Factory antenna.
This antenna from Ronin Factory looks great on any machine. And most importantly it does not cause any problems: it will not fall into pipes or beams or cling to something on the road. It is not surprising because the length of the antenna is only 4 inches.
Ronin Factory made a great FM antenna. However, this antenna has not only a functional (trouble-free) design, it also works great. The antenna transmits the signal well and I rarely use the adjustment knob (except for the time when I am in the metropolis).
Ronin Factory also took care of ease of use – it is very easy to install. You can screw this antenna manually for a couple of minutes.
- Size is 4 inches long.
- The antenna has a rigid threaded locking design and it is impossible to steal.
- Easy installation through manual screwing.
- The antenna is designed specifically for FM.
- This is ideal for users who use Bluetooth or additional audio inputs.
9. Black SS Antenna Stubby 15 Inch fits 2004 – 2010 Hummer H2
High-quality durable material is what distinguishes the Black SS antenna. The basis of this antenna is corrosion-proof steel, which has a black coating. The antenna is protected against corrosion from the outside.
Black SS made an antenna with 6 mm internal thread. That is why the considered antenna is suitable for most cars. I like that this antenna has a complete set that includes the necessary adapter (which will make the antenna suitable for certain car models).
The length of this antenna is 15 inches. It is enough for the antenna not to interfere and for you to quickly get used to it.
In addition to the 15-inch antenna models, you can find identical smaller antennas. For example, it can be 3, 6, 9 or 12 inches.
- The antenna has a black coating on the case of high-grade steel.
- Black SS antenna length is 15 inches.
- And the antenna has an internal thread of 6 mm.
- There are options in 3, 6, 9 and 12 inches.
- Included with the antenna is an adapter for the Hummer H2 from 2004 to 2010, for 2002 – 2007 Jeep Liberty, 2007 – 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK.
10. CravenSpeed Bullet Style Stubby Antenna Replacement
Do you have a Ford-150, but still there is no stubby antenna that will make the appearance of this car better and the sound from the radio several times better? It is a problem. And to solve it, you need CravenSpeed bullet stubby antenna.
The design of this antenna resembles a bullet. The CravenSpeed brand did it on purpose. Thus, the antenna-bullet has a length of about 5 inches and is made of aluminum 6061.
This antenna is stabilized and protected from possible fading and flaking. Bullet antenna design makes the car even more stylish.
As for the functioning of the antenna, here, too, everything is OK. FM radio stations are installed (and the whole spectrum), the antenna does not affect On-Star GPS or Sirius Radio. The antenna provides good reception especially if you are not in the countryside.
CravenSpeed antenna is very easy to install – it only needs to be screwed in with your hands. So you can quickly set it up and hit the road with a great radio signal.
- CravenSpeed made an antenna for any Ford-150 from 1997 to 2019.
- The antenna has a 5.0 caliber bullet style.
- It is suitable for a factory base and works as well.
- The antenna is made in the USA, in Portland, Oregon.
- And the body of the antenna is completely metallic (aluminum), anodized with a smooth black coating.
- The antenna is protected from fading and corrosion.
Best Stubby Antenna Buying Guide
Before you run to the store shouting “I want the best short antenna” you need to decide on what features the best antenna should possess.
Due to in the store “the best” can be called the one that has been in stock since the very opening of the store in 1987. So keep the features without which the purchase will not be successful.
It is why you buy the antenna. A stubby antenna has the same reception as a long standard antenna.
Before buying a specific model of a short antenna, you should study the reviews and find out how strong the signals are. And the signals must be strong and then it can catch the signals AM/ FM.
Frequency bands speak about the strength of the reception. Pay attention to them before you buy.
All stubby antenna look about the same. Why should you worry about the design of the antenna? A cool antenna design will make your car look more stylish.
A good purchase is one that does not need to be repeated for many years. Durability is a very important factor, especially in choosing the antenna to be installed outside the car.
All antennas are divided into several categories: antennas that have an anodized coating and antennas that have a powder coating (it is quite similar).
The anodized coating makes the antenna more durable. Such an antenna will survive several car washes, it will rain and it will work well. I would advise choosing such antennas.
The length of the short antenna is also important. I would recommend buying an antenna up to 6 inches in length. This length is optimal and you will not get a lot of trouble with this.
Choosing an antenna, pay attention to the brand. There are stories when a no-name company made good products and it was a real discovery.
But if the brand is loud, then you can learn about the approximate characteristics before buying. Well-known companies have a reputation and the quality of their products is known to all.
Let it be rule number 1 – find out whether it is easy to install the antenna. Choose the antenna that does not require complex installation. That is the simpler the installation, the better.
It is ideal if the installation of the antenna took you no more than 5 (at least 10) minutes and you did not use any special tools.
Some antenna models require the purchase of antenna mounts (for sure, it is sold in the same store), as well as a set of screwdrivers.
The antenna is conveniently mounted on the glass, and someone chooses another place. Determine the place where you will install the antenna before the purchase. You must be sure that such a setup will give you a good signal.
Consider the budget when you buy an antenna. Yes, this is not a new car and it will not hit your pocket. If you are going to pay a little more money for a good antenna, be sure that this offer is worth the money.
Also Read: Top Rated CB Mic Reviews by Expert for you
Stubby Antenna vs Regular Antenna
Many people have the question: “Why should they choose a stubby antenna?”
Someone thinks that this is a marketing ploy, and someone is sure that the longer the antenna, the better the signal.So, let’s start “stubby antenna vs regular antenna” round to be totally clear in this question!
No type of antenna is better than another, it is just a different look.
The main difference between the stubby antenna and the usual one is that the stubby antenna reduces the range by 30%. In addition, the short antenna is durable, as it is less susceptible to the effects of weather and cases on the roadway. A short antenna is more convenient.
Just imagine: a standard antenna is in almost every car. But this is a too long and annoying antenna, which creates many problems and often gets in the way. Most long antennas do not survive car washes and gusting winds. It cannot always go on and therefore people choose a stubby antenna.
It is the same antenna but in a compact version. Neither the wind, nor the giant car wash brushes, nor anything else spoils such an antenna, it remains durable. In addition, you do not need to constantly adjust the stubby antenna to get a good signal.
But if you want to occupy more space on the road and wash your car yourself, tidy up the antenna for the time of the wind and then install it again, I recommend buying a standard antenna.
Is It Easy To Install A New Antenna?
Stubby antenna is unique in that it is easy to install. The only problem may arise with the antenna cable that needs to be carried through the car. The main thing to follow the instructions and installing a new antenna does not take much time and effort.
If you already have a standard antenna, then unscrew it with your hands. Choose a place where you will install a new antenna. And screw the new short antenna onto that spot. Congratulations! You did it!
Where To Install The Antenna?
Choosing the right place to install the antenna is very difficult and very important because the quality of the signal depends on it.
Fortunately, each antenna has a manual (recommendations for installation) and it says what place is suitable for installing the antenna better. There is no standard space for all antennas because each antenna has a specific range and power.
How To Connect The Factory Radio And The New Antenna?
Many stereos have a standard connection type, which may differ from the connector on the new antenna. There is a way out – you need an adapter for your car.
Why Do I Get The Message “Antenna Not Detected” Or “Antenna Disconnected” From The Radio?
The first elementary solution may be to restart the radio. To do this, turn off and then turn on the radio. If the message “antenna not detected” appears again, then check the connection between the radio and the antenna. It should not be weakened.
Is all OK with the connection between the antenna and the radio but the message is still arriving? Contact a technician to look at this problem.
Is It Possible To Paint The Antenna?
Yes, you can paint the antenna. However, you cannot use any paint. You need color without metal flakes. Why?
Such color will cause violations in the properties of the signal transmission. And if you have the opportunity not to paint the antenna, then it is better not to do it.
Also Read: CB External Speaker Buying guide and Reviews
Buying a stubby antenna can be a good choice that will replace a long antenna and save you from the mass of problems you had with a long antenna.
A short antenna gives your car many advantages. First, the car looks much stylish. Secondly, you get a high-quality signal from the radio while in your car with a short antenna.
In addition, a short antenna can work up to 10 years or more and only then require a replacement. Neither the proximity of the sea and the ocean, nor the rain does not cause corrosion for a long time. Stubby antenna brings many benefits.
Read our top rated stubby antenna reviews and then make the choice and enjoy the benefits of your stubby antenna!